Friday, November 30, 2007

Why didn't someone warn me?

I knew it was wrong the first time I let miles get on one of these little quarter operated contraptions. I can still remember the first time. In the entrance of Wal Mart there was a little horse. I thought Miles would probably enjoy sitting on the horse for a minute. Which he did. As we left the store, he remembered that horse and cried all the way to the car. From then on, he can recognize these toys in all shapes and sizes. Plus side, is he could care less if I actually turn it on or not.

So my advice to you... think twice before letting your child climb on for the first time. It can result in many unnecessary tears .

9 comments:

Mortons Love said...

Holy Posting! When you get going, you go, eh?

Unknown said...

Good to know. I will keep this in the back in my head for the future.

jordan said...

yeah, i should have warned you. Ryder still wants to play on the quarter toys. i have yet to actually put a quarter in though - what a waste of money if he has fun without it.
i need to see that Miles soon!

Jenn Kirk said...

Oh dear. Those darn ride-ons. You don't know how many times I try to distract Kai to look the opposite direction while I attempt to race past those things.

Whoever came up with the idea of placing them at the entrance/exit of a store is just evil, plain evil.

matt . lori . maya . daisy . olivia said...

Thanks for the warning! I wish somebody would have warned me about candy! Maya is obsessed and gets so mad and throws these awful tantrums even if she just saw a wrapper! I will for sure keep her away from the quarter machines!

Kara said...

Hey.. there is hope for your future. Sofia went through a stage where anything would set off a tantrum, but she is getting over that. If only I get find a way to get her to stop beating up other kids. "Sigh" my little bully.

holly said...

Hey Annie. Will and I were just looking at cutie Miles and Will said, "That's Milo...BAAAAD Milo..." When will we see the love?

Calder Family said...

Thanks for the warning! You better come visit next time you are in Logan!!! I miss you! We might be moving to Nibley next week, I'll let ya know. You can come visit and help me decorate! I have no style, I need your help!

Ben and Rachel said...

Jed, what have you been feeding him? He's grown so much since we saw him last. Hope you guys are doing well.
Ben